Within the framework of the three-day Congress a business and culturally educational program will be arranged involving leading Russian and foreign associations and organizations of craftspeople, federal and regional authorities, delegations from constituent entities of the Russian Federation, business communities, research and development enterprises, the public and media.
The goal of the Congress is to work out effective solutions for preservation and development of craft traditions in Russia by stimulating and developing folk crafts and creating a positive image of arts and crafts products.
The congress-and-exhibition program involves a number of business international and interregional discussions and roundtable sessions with participation of leading industry specialists, which will include an exposition of works by best artisans from various regions of Russia, the CIS and foreign countries, and an extensive culture and education program.
The Saint Petersburg International Craft Congress will become a venue for joint work on practical steps to strengthen the position of artisans and folk crafts in the economy and cultural life of Russia.
The program of the first day includes:
- Plenary session "Potential for the development of creative industries, folk art crafts in Russia";
- Video presentation of the project "Cultural workshops for members of large families on the study of folk art and crafts";
- Opening of the interregional annual exhibition of folk arts and crafts and decorative art "My Russia is Young";
- Forum of Business Angels "Creative Industries: Search for New Industry Growth Points";
- Cultural program for congress participants.
To learn more about each day's program please follow this link.