Within the framework of the three-day Congress a business and culturally educational program will be arranged involving leading Russian and foreign associations and organizations of craftspeople, federal and regional authorities, delegations from constituent entities of the Russian Federation, business communities, research and development enterprises, the public and media.
The goal of the Congress is to work out effective solutions for preservation and development of craft traditions in Russia by stimulating and developing folk crafts and creating a positive image of arts and crafts products.
The congress-and-exhibition program involves a number of business international and interregional discussions and roundtable sessions with participation of leading industry specialists, which will include an exposition of works by best artisans from various regions of Russia, the CIS and foreign countries, and an extensive culture and education program.
The Saint Petersburg International Craft Congress will become a venue for joint work on practical steps to strengthen the position of artisans and folk crafts in the economy and cultural life of Russia.
The program of the second day includes the science-to-practice conference "Best World Practices for Development of Crafts".
- The first Russian-Japanese forum on creative economics;
- Panel discussion “Creative Industries and World Heritage”
- Roundtable session "Experience in the development of creative industries in Italy"
- Panel discussion “World practices of teaching traditional crafts of children and youth”;
- A meeting of the Expert Council for the development of light and textile industries, folk and art crafts, and the children's goods industry of the State Duma Committee on Economic Policy, Industry, Innovative Development and Entrepreneurship;
- A meeting of the artistic and expert council of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation;
- Cultural program for the participants of the congress.
To learn more about each day's program please follow this link.
Additional registration is required for the attendance at the event.