- 1982 — Modern history, ancient history and communication studies in Munich, Budapest and Vienna (PhD, MA).
- 1985 — Political science studies in Munich and Washington D.C. (Dipl. sc. pol. Univ.).
- 1991 — Entry into the Foreign Service.
- 1993 — Desk Officer, Political Directorate-General, Federal Foreign Office.
- 1994 — Head of the Legal, Consular and Cultural Section, German Embassy in Rabat, Morocco.
- 1997 — Desk Officer in the Directorate-General for External Relations, European Commission in Brussels.
- 2000 — Desk Officer in the European Directorate-General, Federal Foreign Office.
- 2001 — German Bundestag, staff member of the CDU/CSU parliamentary group: Foreign Policy Working Group and office of Dr Wolfgang Schäuble, Vice Chair in charge of foreign, defence and European policy.
- 2006 — Head of Division in the Foreign and Security Policy Directorate-General at the Federal Chancellery.
- 2010 — Vice-President of the Federal Intelligence Agency.
- 2014 — Political Director for Security and Defence Policy, Federal Ministry of Defence.
Geza Andreas von Geyr
Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany to Russia.