BA (Hon.), Bachelor of Arts, Chinese University of Hong Kong, 1975
Master of Landscape Architecture, University of Hong Kong, 1997
Professional Member of Hong Kong Institute of Landscape Architects HKILA 2002
Registered Landscape Architect RLA 2009
1996 Merit Award, Landscape Design Category, Green Project Award, Urban Council and HKILA Project: Plant Movement
2015 Hong Kong Institute of Architects Special Architectural Award Heritage and Adaptive Re-use for the design of Jao-Tsung-I Academy
2015 Good Design Award Japan Best 100 for the design of Jao-Tsung-I Academy
2016 UNESCO Cultural Heritage Conservation Honorable Mention, Revitalization of the Old Tai Po Police Station into the Green Hub for Sustainable Living Hong Kong SAR China
2016 MERIT AWARD HKILA Design Awards 2016 Green Hub
2016 Green Building Award GRAND AWARD Existing Building Category
2016 Green Building Award SPECIAL CITATION IN ECO-SERVICE INFRASTRUCTURE NETWORK Existing Building Category
2018 The Blue House cluster – three 20th century shophouse blocks in Wan Chai – was given the Award of Excellence, the highest level in four categories, in this year’s Unesco Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation.
2015-now- Assistant Professor, Landscape Architecture, Department of Architecture, Chu Hai College of High Education.
2009-13- Director, Landscape Workshop Ltd.:
- 2016-2018- Poly University Hong Kong Revitalization of Campus, Stage 1 & 2
- 2018 Application for Watervale House, Historic Building Revitalization Scheme
- 2018 Hong Kong Airport Authority Landscape and Visual Plan (LVP) independent checker
- Landscape Consultant for HK Ink Society, King Yin Lei Revitalization submission
- Landscape Consultant for Hong Kong Country Club Tree Compensation submission
- The Green Hub, Revitalizing Building Through Partnership Scheme of Old Tai Po Police Station for the Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation,
- SCC Submission for Lot No.2293 Kam Sheung Rd., Yuen Long, N.T.
- Landscape Consultant and SCC Submission for Lot No. 37, Area 55b, Tung Chung
- Revitalization of Lai Chi Kok Hospital, Jao Tsung –I Academy
- Residential Development at Inverness Road, Kowloon Tong, LMP, VIA and Tree
- Tree Felling Application for MLP, Developer Chinachem Ltd.
- Kweilin Street Residential Development with a New Asia College Memorial Garden, developer URA & Chiang Kong Holding Ltd.,
- Revitalization and Conservation Landscape Proposal for Blue House Cluster
- Tree Survey of Cattle Depot for Development Bureau
- Tree Survey of Anton Villa, 313 Castle Peak Road for Substance Lab.
- PreliminaryTree Survey of Fanling Majesty for China Point Consultant Ltd.
- Tree Survey of Swine Hostel, Lantau Island
2008-2010 Instructor of Cultural Studies Courses Tung Wah Community College Chinese U
2008-2009-10 Landscape Consultant, HKIPCC, Revitalization of Lai Chi Kok Hospital
2007 Chief Consultant, Design, EA Design (Guangzhou), Landscape Projects in Guangzhou, Wuzhou, PRC.
2006 HKUSPACE Teaching Chinese Landscape
2005 – 06 Landscape Consultant, Meta4 Design Forum Ltd, Shen Hing Plaza, Shenzhen
2003- 2005 Landscape Architect, Planning Department, HKSAR Government
2003-2004 HKUSPACE Teacher, Landscape Architecture in Architecture Diploma Course
2001§ Senior Research Assistant, Dept. of Architecture, University of Hong Kong
2000-03 § ACLA, Project Graduate Town Ecological Park Suzhou, PRC.
Project Manager, Concord Land Development Co. Ltd. Residential project in Shanghai, PRC.
Landscape Designer, RDL Asia, Shunde Poly-technique, Shunde, Guangdong, PRC.
Assistant Landscape Designer, Urbis Ltd
1998-2000 Landscape Architect Graduate, ArchSD HKSAR Gov., hospital, schools, parks
1997-98 Assistant to Principal, Team 73, residential and commercial landscape in PRC, HK
1996-97 Summer Student Worker for Highway Dept. & TDD, HKSAR Government
2007-09 The Landscape Image of Hong Kong
2006 New Landscape Design in Modern China
2001 Walkability in Hong Kong
Participation in HKILA
2002 – 07 Member of Publication Committee, HKILA
§Editor, Yuanlin, the professional journal of HKILA
2000 – 01 Chairman of Publication Committee, HKILA
§Editor, Yuanlin, the professional journal of HKILA
1998 – 1999 Hon. Treasurer
1997 – 1999 Translation Advisor
Articles and Papers
2016 On gardens in Kyoto Dai Kung Pao
2016 On Food Dai Kung Pao
2015 On the Internet Dai Kung Pao
2015 On Cinema I, II Dai Kung Pao
2008-05-30 How to read a city Book Club Chinese University of Hong Kong
2008 Recently I have been thinking….. Yuanlin
2006 Specification for Landscapes Building Works，Mainland and Hong Kong Conference on the City Infrastructure Construction & Building Market Monitoring Technical Papers, Urumqi
2006 Changdi, the Bund in Guangzhou, Yuanlin
2000-2001 Book Review, Liang & Lin, Yuanlin, also published in Amazon.com
2000-2001 Photo Essay: Grounds for Sculptures, Yuanlin
2000 The Need for a Policy on Landscape/Greening in Hong Kong, HKILA
1999 Twenty Years of Landscape Architecture Practice in Hong Kong, Mainland and Hong Kong Conference on the Management Systems of the Engineering and Construction Industry and Urban-Rural Planning Technical Papers Beijing
1989-1999 To be Visible or Invisible: An Issue of Design Intent in Landscape Architecture, with Leslie Chen Yualin
1992-2 Hong Kong Landscape Architecture, with Leslie Chen, Perspective