Graduated from the University of Havana, standing out in activities of the University Student Federation and the UJC.
She joined the Ministry of Culture in September 1989. She was promoted to management positions since 2001.
Degree in History, History of Latin America, 1989, Habana University;
Course of the UNESCO Regional Office, 1997;
Diploma in Public Administration, XI edition, Higher State and Government School, January to March 2015.
Specialist. International Relations Department. Ministry of Culture (Sept / 1989 – Feb / 1991);
Cultural Programs Specialist. Ministry of Culture (Mar / 1991 – Sept / 1994);
Specialist. Office of Vice Minister Rubén del Valle (Oct / 1994 – Jan / 2001);
Deputy Director of Cultural Communication. Ministry of Culture (Feb / 2001 – Apr / 2002);
Vice President. Cuban Institute of Music. Ministry of Culture (Apr / 2002 – Oct / 2005);
Head of the Minister's Office. Ministry of Culture (Oct / 2005 – Mar / 2014);
First Deputy Minister. Ministry of Culture (Mar / 2014 – to date).
Decorations, distinctions and awards obtained:
• Raúl Gómez García Medal, Culture Union;
• Distinguish Outstanding Official of the Cuban Institute of Music, 2003 and 2004;
• Distinguish Official of the Ministry of Culture, 2004 and 2006;
Official Missions Abroad:
- Spain, 2002 and 2003: Festival of Son al Flamenco. Head of Delegation;
- Venezuela, April 2003: First Venezuelan-Cuban Friendship and Solidarity Youth Festival. Responsible for the artistic delegation;
- Venezuela, August 2005: World Festival of Youth and Students. Member of the Organizing Committee and responsible for the artistic delegation;
- Argentina, October 2005: Summit of the peoples of Mar del Plata. Member of the Organizing Committee and responsible for the artistic delegation;
- Venezuela, January 2006: World Social Forum of social movements in Caracas. Member of the Organizing Committee and responsible for the artistic delegation;
- Venezuela, 2013: Funeral honours of Commander Hugo Chávez Frías;
- Mexico, 2014: Meeting of Ministers of Culture of Latin America;
- Congo, 2015: Pan-African Music Festival;
- France, 2016: Cuban Culture Month;
- Colombia, 2016: Meeting of Ministers of Culture of Ibero-America and act of ashes by García Márquez;
- Ecuador, 2016: Book Fair in Quito.